Saturday, February 1, 2014

House hunting ...well you know what I mean

Wow!...what a day we had...but, that's for tomorrow...focus Coby!

Any who, yesterday we spent the morning relaxing and getting ready to take a walk around Camp Walker. Andrew said that he would take us to see the house that we would be moving into. We would only be able to peek through the windows, but I was ok with that.

We started our journey after lunch and a long nap for the girls.





Here is a map of way we took our walk:



We started at the hotel and went left and found our way to the side of the camp. From there we headed south and that's where we saw the golf course to our left and the brick wall to the right. We then turn left around the golf course and Andrew told me that to the right of us there use to be some more houses but they tore them down to build a big school (k-12) coming 2017. After they build the school, they are suppose to tear down the rest of the houses and build high raises. From there we took a left and before we got to our house I saw a fire hydrant. I laugh a little thinking that it would be funny if if said Albertville, Al (where I'm from) on it. Then thought...there's no way. I looked anyways for giggles and found that for sure it was from Albertville, Al. Andrew and I totally thought that was cool.
 From the hydrant we took about 15 steps and found our house. If you watched the video, right after the video cut off Mackey got in trouble for running to the playground and wouldn't come back when we told her too. She was so excited about it, and I was thinking..having a playground in the backyard will be awesome! Then we went to peek in the house through the windows. The first window I came up to was a very small bedroom. It had a twin bed in there and nothing else looked like it would fit in there. Then I came up on the kitchen. It looked ok, I couldn't see if it had a dishwasher, but I saw a oven and it was a gallery kitchen and close off to the rest of the house. Then the last one I peeked into was the laundry room and it had a washer and dryer which I was happy about. To tell you the truth, I was a little disappointed looking at the house. I knew it was going to look like this, but Andrew helped me to get out of the funk and told me to start looking at the positive. We could hear many kids playing near and the thought of the girls making friends cheered me up. Plus, we could actually make friends that speak English.
We then took the kids to the playground for a bit, then decided that they weren't fully over being sick and we still needed to look at other stuff so we went on our way.

We walked down our road and Andrew showed me where the girls would be going to school.I was happy it was just down the road from where we would be living. Pass that we have a Burger King! Shortly after we turned left and went down the road to the PX. We needed a couple of things and decided it would be a good time to take a look around and see what they had. They carry clothes and shoes, baby clothes, all sizes of TVs , home goods, birthday cards(and others) make up,phone cases (I got one for my new iPhone5s on clearance),pet stuff, etc etc etc...

There are some things that we need that are being shipped here later, but we needed now, so we got them. Knives, pasta strainer, can opener, face wash, pan for oven( more stuff , just can't remember).
After we checked out we ordered some Taco Bell and sat down to eat. We then headed back to the hotel and sat on our hinnies the rest of the night. We thought we might go out for the Lunar New Year, but decided against it.

I guess our our little outing wore out the girls cause they slept through the night again. THANK YOU!! They slept until 5 am , but that's good enough for me, at least it isn't 2 am.

Our schedule is very opposite from home now. Usually, we all stayed up at night and woke up late( instead of Andrew). But now it's morning birds and bed around 8 pm lol! We like it so far cause Andrew gets to see the girls in the morning before he's off to work.

Ha, it's 8:05 right now and I'm dying to get done so I can make it to bed! We had another adventure today (2 in a row might kill me) but I will write about it tomorrow. Until then....

I'm out..lata!!

Coby

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you! Can you decorate the house? I love the positives about living on the base...you know God knows best whats good for you and what you need, not what you want. But I also know you cause me and you are so alike in so many ways and this being one about being disappointed, but we both also can pick ourselves up(with the help of our husbands) and make the best of it! Love you baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the girls are excited about the location of the house. I know getting your own things will make everyone happy. It will be great that you don't have to drive them across town to school. Can they come home for lunch? Sounds like one of them still has a cough. Mackie looked better. Hope the medicine is working. Hope Andrew's job is going well and he's liking that part of the adventure. Glad the girls are starting to get into a better sleeping pattern. Looking forward to more video. Sleep well

    ReplyDelete