Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!




Happy Valentines Everyone! Hope everyone had a good one. This post I will be telling you about ours!

We woke up early as usual and I made my family french toast for breakfast. After breakfast the girls cuddle up to Andrew and watched a little movie.


Andrew left for work and the girls and I finished watching the movie. We then FaceTime with Papa, Nana, and Coco.

After we got off the computer, I got the girls ready to go out. I had to go by the CDC (child development center) and get Mackey and Story's physical so I could bring it to the people in charge of signing up Mackey for T-ball! It was pretty cold on this day and the girls were not being cooperative. We finally made it to the place to sign Mackey up and took me a little while to do..So glad they had toys there to entertain the kids.

After we left there it was around lunch time, so we headed over to the PX and got some Taco Bell :).
I sat the girls down and waited on our food, when I looked over and saw a stranger talking to the girls...I took a second look and saw that it was Andrew. He told me early that him and a co-worker (Mr.Kim) were going out to eat but I didn't think it would be here of all places.

As we were finishing up, Andrew bought Mr. Kim over to meet the girls and I. Mr. Kim is 41 years old and looks 25..no joking! He was very sweet and told Andrew and I that he is in envy of us. He doesn't have any kids and wants them dearly.

When the men left, the girls and I went shopping for craft stuff.


We got 2 huge art pads ..some glue sticks..some markers, a binder with two folders







I also got some note pads to be more organize 

I keep them in my nook by the door :)


After we done checking out, it started snowing outside and I thought we would just catch a cab back home. We walked over to where they were usually located and not only were none there..there were two people in front of us waiting. We stood there a little bit and Story was on the verge of a meltdown. A lady that was waiting also told me that she called the cabs and they said it would be 45mins. As much as I didn't want to, I put the girls in the stroller and started to walk home. Story decided to fight me half way home and finally gave in.

When we got home I put the girls down for a nap. While they were sleeping I outlined a little Valentine's project for when they woke up. When they woke, they colored ( as did I) a Valentines paper and we taped it to their doors.


They did so good at coloring and we had a good time.

Andrew called me later and said that we would going out to eat with some of his co-workers and to be ready when he got home.

When Andrew got home we waited a little and a woman came deliver us Valentines cookies. Nana had secretly got in touch with the manager at the commissary , which told his wife, which got in touch with a lady that does cookies and cakes and all kinds of stuff. Thanks Nana..they were really good!





Yum!

Our people showed up (we were going to follow them to the restaurant) and off we went. It was the first time I rode with Andrew off base and boy was it an experience. It made me kind of sick actually...my stomach was in knots the whole time! As we were driving over a bridge , there was a huge bonfire to our right with lots of people standing around it..I looked like a whole tree was in it and it was smoking A LOT. Then they set off fireworks! Valentine's Day is a very big and important holiday here. 

Finally we got to the hotel (Hotel Ariana) where we were to eat. They have a huge buffet...with anything you can image!

When you walked in ....you pay your check first and wait to be seated. We had reservations, but still waited a good bit cause we were suppose to sit closer to the band but sat us off in a room to the side. Tess (Andrew's sponsor's wife) wasn't very pleased with this situation but we gave in and just sat down where they wanted us. We sat the girls down and gave them the iPad mini's to keep them occupied just for a little bit as we went and got them food (mind you...we NEVER do this..we do not believe in giving kids electronics at the dinner table..but we were wanting for them to sit still till we got back and this was the best way). By the time we got back...Story was on the verge of tears...she had peed in her pants...WHAT?? She has never done this before..and now..now when I didn't bring a change of clothes and we just sat down to eat...and paid a pretty good bit for the food. Well..we just ended up letting her sit in it. She didn't seem to mind , especially when the food came. 

The new director of DPW (Andrew's work) is the one that invited us and we are so thankful he did. It was nice getting to talk to him and his wife Bella. Bella is from Korea and speaks Korean and English. It was nice having her around the buffet to help us order some pasta for the girls. The buffet had many stations of different food. Chefs were preparing the food behind the counter and you had to ask them to prepare certain things like pasta, steak, and sushi. Mackey took a good liking to Bella! Joe (the director) also has a daughter which is 11 I think. She was sweet, but didn't talk very much.
Story LOVED the pasta..yes..she's totally mine!

Mackey was eating all the meat...yes...she is her daddy's

We hated to leave so early ( I hope it didn't come off as rude) but it was around 8 or 8:30 and the girls were getting restless and Story was sitting in wet pants.

We put our address in the GPS to get home and it took us a totally different way then we came. It was better the second time in the car with Andrew..but I don't think I will ever stop worrying in my head about hitting someone or something. Here in Korean they have the 80/20 law..if you get in a wreak no matter who's fault...it would be some of your fault NO MATTER WHAT. If you are sitting at a red light..and someone hits you from behind..it is 20% your fault. If you run someone over..(there are people running all over the road without looking)..you will most likely go to prison. I'm a total nervous wreck thinking it's our butts on the line. I'd rather take a cab and let it be there butts :) .

Well..that was our Valentine's Day..it was probably one of the best I've had since Andrew and I don't do gifts.

Oh yea...Mackey made this for Daddy this past Wednesday while I was in Bible Study..It was so sweet!


Hope you all had a happy and safe Valentine's Day!
God Bless
Coby


2 comments:

  1. Glad your valentines day was good. The movie me and Jimbo went to was so bad we walked out of it half way through. Then we went to eat (5:00pm) and it was so packed! So we went somewhere else. Baha Burger. Anyway love to you. I bought the girls some shoes for VD, I am going to mail them today. I know they will be late but it can be a surprise for later. Love you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet... and of course Nana found a way!!

    ReplyDelete