Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New Sectional



Yesterday we woke up late cause it was President's Day!

We ate breakfast and watched a little cartoons with the girls. The whole last week Andrew and I have been looking to buy a sectional from the PX. They only have two or three models of couches in our store to look at, so you have to go to their online and order what you want.  We didn't see anything that we just really wanted on the website, but they have a thing where you can go to different retailer's websites and put in special orders. I found one that I loved from Ashely, but also found out that Ashely wasn't able to take special orders. I searched and searched all week and found a few that I thought were ok..but none of them told the prices. As I was waiting to hear back about the other sectionals I saw where someone was selling theirs on one of my Facebook groups. It wasn't what I was looking for at all..the shape and size of the sectional was great..but all the wrong colors. Something told me to show Andrew though.

I told Andrew to come over and take a look at it and he said ..nah..that's ok. I went along with him and keep looking for our perfect couch.

The next morning (yesterday) while we were watching cartoons and playing...


Andrew was on my Facebook page and notice the sectional again. He asked me if I'd like to go see it. It looked like no one had put any comments under it yet so I PMed her to tell her we'd like to come see it. Andrew then refreshed the page and we saw that others where interested in it also. Not but a couple minuted later she answered us back and said someone else was suppose to look at it first but would tell us if that person didn't want it. We message her back and said that would be fine.. but we wanted to look at it right away and it wouldn't take long cause we lived on Camp Walker. She then message back that her husband told her first come first serve...so off we went in a jiffy to Camp Henry.

Side note: I think I might be getting use to Andrew's driving here or maybe the traffic just wasn't that bad.

We drove up to her apartment and went upstairs to her floor. After we rang the door bell where we were greeted by the cutest little puppy (she later told us that the dog has never been on the couch). We got a look at it and even sit down and felt of it. Again...I liked the couch..just didn't like the colors of the pillows. Andrew asked nah or yay...and it took me a while..but I was glad to be saving us money and said YAY.

We didn't have a truck to get it back so we were going to have to wait and get it the next day with Mike's truck. On our way home I remembered there was someone on that same Facebook page that offered his services if anyone needed to move furniture. I tried to find his post but couldn't so I decided to post one myself asking if anyone would be interested in moving it for us. A lady on there that answers pretty much 80% of everyones questions answered back with a phone number. We called the number and he was willing to help us and wanted to meet back at Camp Henry at 1:00pm.

Before we got back home, Andrew had been wanting to go this place called South Street Grille near the gate of Camp Walker for forever. This place specializes with philly cheese streaks and we were told they are really good. We walked in and it's like a little whole in the wall. We order our food and the girls then decided they have to pee. There was definitely no bathroom in this place so we asked the owner where they could go. He pointed outside and I thought he told us to go into the hair salon across the street ..but he was saying the bathroom was across the street front the hair salon. The girls and I walk across the street and into the hair salon. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone in there (that I saw). I turned back around and didn't really know what to do. Luckily the owner of the South Grille came out and pointed out where to go. I felt so dumb! Again..this bathroom was a little hole in the wall and did not look it had been cleaned in decades. We sucked it up and didn't touch anything! Finally the girls finished up and we headed back into the eating place.

I still can't get over that you don't pay for your soft drinks! Our food came and it looked delicious!





We were so happy we found a this place..we love philly cheese steaks!


After lunch we went back home and put the girls down for a nap. Andrew left to meet up with the guy our at Camp George to pick up the couch. After a little while he came back and the dude helped Andrew bring it in the house.



Here's our new couch..YAY!


And our little much kin modeling it for us.

Like I said earlier..I love the couch..just not the pillow colors...they are more earth tone..where I wanted more grays or blacks. I think I might try to find a place around here to make me pillow covers for them. I've been looking online and for a 26x26 pillow cover ..it can get expensive!

Well..that was it for our day..Andrew even took a nap on it yesterday..he has claimed the chaise already.

Love to all!
The Brands

3 comments:

  1. You know me I love the couch and the pillows! Might can find some new ones, and maybe just get all kind and shapes and sizes. Mix it up some. This food looked good! Miss you baby and love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the couch. Nana may have to make some pillow covers and send them! Do you want solid black and solid gray or some patterns of it too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korean seamstresses are CHEAP. Find someone and pick your colors....Easy peasy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete