Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Here's the Mail...It never fails

I had a pretty good day today..I got to go to a women's bible study and it was wonderful. More on that tomorrow.

Yesterday was also boring..Sorry for all the boringness...I decided today that if I know that it's going to be a boring day I'm going to start taking more pictures of the kids or doing more videos of them playing and such...I also thought of having a different part of the blog where I talked about certain things...maybe if you have questions and send them to me I can start doing a questions and answers type thing. For right now, I don't know which way I will go..Give me your opinion ...what would you like to read?

Anyways! We as a family have started to get up early and have breakfast together. It's turning out to be a real blessings as we get to see Andrew before he goes off for the day and we get a chance to talk to the girls without distractions. Yesterday was the first time we did this and the girls weren't use to getting up early. After breakfast, Andrew went on his way and I gave the girls a bath thinking that we were going to get out of the house that day. Andrew called later and said he was coming home for lunch. We he got home he handed me the keys to the car and I got my things to head to the PX. The sheets that we got from the PX where like laying on sandpaper (pardon my over exaggerating) even after washing them in our laundry detergent/softener. Our cookie sheet was also peeling after one use, so I was going to exchange them. Andrew only had an hour for lunch, so there was no looking around in this trip. I got what I needed and went home.

When I got home I went straight to the bedrooms to put on our new sheets...I know I know..I didn't wash them...Oh well...no one cares in my family if I wash them or not.

Andrew went back to work and the girls went down for a nap. Oh yeah...here they are at lunch:



They love being silly!


Later that evening Andrew came home and we all got in the car and went to the commissary to get food. Since the post office (our mail box) is right around the corner from the commissary, Andrew and Mackey went to check on our mail. Hopefully no one has sent us anything cause Andrew told me when he got back that they had given another lady our mailbox key! BTW...if you would like to send us something (not meaning we expect anything) I will post our address at the bottom of the page but here are some suggestions. When sending, don't send express...just priority.It's just like sending us something in the US. Also they have specific flat rate box for APO addresses you can use that a few dollars cheaper. They are usually behind the counter at the post office, you just need to ask for them. If they are not or don't have them a regular flat rate box would work also!

Any who, Story and I went in the commissary to do our shopping and Andrew and Mackey came in a bit later. We got all kind of goodies! Yum Yum and now our fridge is stocked!

After that we came home and I wrote on my blog while Andrew and the girls watched a new movie we bought them that just came out of the Disney vault. The Jungle Book!

Before we went to bed we decided that we would start a little bible study with the girls. We read about Joseph and his brothers that sold him into slavery. We talked about Joseph showing them love when the ran into later and didn't know who he was. Kind of tied back into the message we heard this past Sunday about loving people that do us wrong. We asked the girls if anyone they knew had hurt them. Story said Mackey and Mackey agreed she did. Then we asked Mackey and she said no :). We then asked each of the girls to pray for each other..It was adorable. We finished and put the girls to bed. While we were tucking Mackey in bed she started saying her usual prayers and I thought it would stop at that. But she went on to add...I pray us to be better or something along those things. She really is starting to get a lot of stuff and it's really surprising me.

Oh..something silly here is our recycling bins:
Yes, they all say paper! It's not suppose to..one is cans,paper,plastic,and cardboard..and glass

I have also been tiring to get use to the new/different to me appliances in the house. One of the first nights I burnt our food. The temperature of the oven has to be off also. I made cookies the other night and it burnt them too ( trust me, I knew the temperature and the best time to keep them in there for the PERFECT cookie). If you know me..you know how much it offended me.




Here is our address!

Andrew Brand
PSC 305 Box 1099
APO, AP 96218-0011

Another thing...DO NOT put Daegu South Korea anywhere on your package!!! It won't get to us!!! Just the address above!

Thank you all for reading and commenting on how you love it..I appreciate it!!

Bless you all!
Coby

3 comments:

  1. Well, you should know my vote would be for more videos! Charleigh and ryder love watching them and of course I do too! Love you sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you know someone who can send someone to fix your oven?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Got an address. Erin had said about the flat rate box, I think she said it would be $15 for anything you can get in the box. What shoe size are Mackey and Story in? Remember for V Day I get them shoes. I know they will be late, but thats ok. Looks like you are getting so organized, thats good, it feels good to have a plan. It just takes a lot for us kinda people to do it. Proud of you baby and miss you so much. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete